Dovo's Shavette range of razors provides the experience of using a straight razor without the associated stropping and honing, or high initial investment. Supplied with the clear blade holder (which previously came in red) which accepts a standard double edged blade snapped in half.
Why would you buy a Shavette?
- You are thinking about getting into straight razors but don't want to spend all that money until you are sure. In this case you should use the black blade holder and Shavette blades. This is less likely to lead to bloodshed in your inexperienced hands! It is also closer to the true straight razor experience.
- You are already a straight razor user and want to travel with hand luggage only, sourcing blades at your destination.
- You are already a straight razor user but want a backup.
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Black aluminium blade holder
- Black and red acrylic handle
- Supplied with clear blade holder for standard DE blades
PLEASE NOTE: the old Dovo "long" Shavette blades are no longer in production.